The Mission of the General Commission on United Methodist Men is to “support spiritual growth among men, helping men to mature as disciples as they encourage spiritual formation in others.” The goal is to empower the ministry of Jesus Christ through men within our congregation.
United Methodist Men, partnered with our pastor, invites you to become involved in spiritual growth opportunities. We encourage the men of our church to be involved in prayer groups, Bible studies, "God's Toolbox", missions, retreats, workshops and seminars, small groups, committee participation and leadership, teaching Sunday school classes, youth ministries, mentoring, and assisting at worship services. The focus is not inward, but outward, to all men to support them in their journey of spiritual growth and to assist with practical household repairs within the community of church members and friends.
Our men’s group is very civic minded. In addition to monthly fellowship we have helped with many church and community projects:
• Assist elderly home owners with small projects, including cleaning, minor house repair, vacuuming and carpet cleaning.
• Plan and organize Easter breakfast at church.
• Paint baseball dugouts.
• Assist flood victims in Reedsburg and Loganville.
• Assist families with remodeling projects in North Freedom and at Hope House in Baraboo.
• Assisted our Hispanic Ministry outreach by teaching ESL classes; and with translation of milking procedures and instructions between dairy farmers and their Hispanic employees.
• Grounds maintenance at Safe Harbor in Reedsburg.
• Mission trip collaboration with other denominations to New Orleans to help with cleanup following Hurricane Katrina.
Please join us! Contact the church office at 608.524.3913 to get involved.
Link to General Commission on United Methodist Men: http://www.gcumm.org/